|Digital Anarchy ReSizer 2.1 update|
Nic Rossmüller : November 5th 2006 - 06:00 CET
Digital Anarchy ReSizer 2.1 update : Digital Anarchy, a leading provider of cost-effective special effects software for Adobe and Apple products, announced the immediate availability of the ReSizer 2.1 update. ReSizer is a plug-in for high quality scaling of footage or up-converting Standard Definition (SD) to High Definition (HD). This gives designers and filmmakers the power to produce high quality SD to HD up-conversions while staying on time and within budget. The plugin works in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, and now natively in Apple's Final Cut Pro and Motion using Apple's FxPlug plugin architecture. ReSizer 2.1 has three scaling algorithms which give flexibility in finding the right method for footage. |
Digital Anarchy ReSizer 2.1 - Control|
Users also have control over how much these algorithms sharpen or smooth the footage, allowing them to further tailor the options. ReSizer produces extraordinary results whether footage is being up-converted from SD to HD or zoomed in 800%, because of multiple methods available to accurately increase the resolution of the original image. This difference is particularly noticeable in ReSizer's ability to keep edges sharp and defined, with minimal aliasing (or 'stair-stepping') that is usually found in up-converted footage.
ReSizer 2.1 update - Motion compensation
For working with SD interlaced footage, ReSizer 2.1 has a Deinterlacer that makes use of motion compensation. Multiple frames of interlaced footage are analyzed and the missing scan lines are intelligently reconstructed. This process produces greater fidelity to the original image. The combination of ReSizer 2.1's smart algorithms and de-interlacing technology makes for unsurpassed quality when increasing the resolution of video, film, or even web podcasts.
Photoshop Plug in - Features
• Apple FxPlug Architecture: ReSizer 2.1 runs natively in FCP.
• Increased Speed: ReSizer 2.1 is 2 to 3 times faster in FCP than version 2.0.
• User Interface Specific to FCP: The user interface for Final Cut Pro has been modified to better fit FCP's workflow and allow editors to work more efficiently.
• Improved Algorithms: The best algorithms from ReSizer 1.0 were improved, making the UI easier to use and produces better results.
• Deinterlacer: A built-in Deinterlacer uses time estimation to analyze multiple frames and produce a detailed progressive frame from the interlaced footage.
• Resolution Presets: Common HD and film resolutions are included in a Preset Manager, making it easier to incorporate into a busy workflow.
• Pixel Dimensions: Users can now specify the exact dimensions they want the footage to be, instead of fiddling with percentage sliders.
• Improved Fine-Tuning Controls: Easily adjust the scaled output by modifying the algorithm parameters, making it easier to customize ReSizer for specific footage.
Digital Anarchy ReSizer 2.1 update - Price & Availability
Regularly priced at USD $149,-, ReSizer 2.1 will be available for USD $99,- through November 10th, 2006. Current ReSizer 1.0 customers can upgrade to version 2.1 for USD $99,-, on sale for USD $79,- through Nov. 10th, 2006. The 2.1 update is free for current ReSizer 2.0 owners; customers should contact Digital Anarchy for update instructions. ReSizer works in After Effects 5.0 and higher, Final Cut Pro 4.0 and higher, Motion 2.0 and Premiere Pro 2.0. The plug-in runs on all variants of Macintosh OS X and Windows 98ME-XP Pro.
About Digital Anarchy
Digital Anarchy is a privately owned company operating out of San Francisco, Calif., that creates high-quality creative software for broadcast designers, 2D animators and professional photographers. These tools solve a wide range of design issues, from creating text effects and background design elements, to masking out bluescreens for commercial still photography. Digital Anarchy products work in conjunction with a wide range of products from companies like Adobe, Discreet, and Apple.