|US Modular 12GB micro drive technology|
Nic Rossmüller : October 24th 2006 - 18:59 CET
US Modular 12GB micro drive technology : US Modular, announces the expansion of its popular stainless steel Monstor Drive line with the addition of a whopping ultra-high capacity 12GB model. Small enough to fit in the palm of a hand, yet large enough to hold tens of thousands of data files, this micro drive is the perfect portable data device. With the onboard USB 2.0 port, files transfers are fast and easy. Ideal for MP3 of video files, important jpeg files, the Monstor Drives requires no external power and is both Mac and PC compatible, making its appeal universal. Proving that big things do come in small packages, these drives are the ideal mobile mass storage medium for executives, road warriors, students or anyone on the go. |
US Modular data storage - Capacities|
Priced at $129.00, the Monstor Drives will begin shipping on November 1st. "The beauty of digital data is that it is both highly mobile and an excellent medium for archiving in that it does not degrade," explains Nick Payzant, CEO of US Modular. "As storage capacities expand, people are finding ever more reasons to take data with them and to replicate data for redundancy and security's sake. Our mission is to offer higher density storage in smaller form factors and at better consumer price-points. Ultimately, we believe that 100-percent data storage redundancy will be a common practice as people look to secure their valuable, and often irreplaceable, digital assets."
US Modular Monstor Drive - Features
• 12GB high capacity, high performance USB Portable Micro Drive.
• Industry standard USB 2.0 interface.
• Reliable storage performance for any device with a USB port.
• Low power consumption.
• 1500G shock resistance rating.
• Ultra lightweight & compact (weight 16 grams).
• Media type: Glass.
• Rotational speed: 4,200 RPM.
• Media transfer rate: 52.4-99.6 Mbits/sec.
• Transfer rate: 3.3-6.5 Mbytes/sec.
• Seek time (avg.): 10 msec.
• Error rate (unrecoverable): 1 per bit.
• Head load/unload cycles: 300,000.
• Voltage: 3.3/5.0 VDC +/- 5% Auto Detect.
• Current (write): 275 mA.
• Current (idle): 18 mA.
• Dimensions: 42.8 X 36.4 X 5.0 mm.
• Temperature: 0 degrees to 65 degrees C operating.
• Relative humidity: 8 to 90% operating.
• Shock (half sine): 175G (2ms) operating.
• Vibration (swept sine): 1G 0-pk (5-500 Hz) operating.
• One Year Warranty.
About US Modular
US Modular specializes in standard and high-density memory modules, cards and drives for custom and standard applications. US Modular also develops innovative storage solutions, utilizing flash, DRAM and Rotating Media. Aftermarket upgrades of PCs, servers, notebooks, digital cameras, and other devices are also part of US Modular's complete product offering.