|Palm Treo 750v smartphone launched in Indonesia |
Nic Rossmüller : October 28th 2006 - 12:05 CET
Palm Treo 750v launched in Indonesia : Palm announced the availability of the new Palm Treo 750v smartphone in Indonesia on the XL network, bringing for the first time to Indonesia the hallmark Palm experience on Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 over a wireless 3G/UMTS network. The new Treo 750v will be available next month through XL. "The new Treo 750v brings to Indonesian businesses and prosumers choice and further expands the market and adoption of smartphones in Indonesia," said Paul Blinkhorn, vice president for Palm Asia Pacific. "The Treo 750v blends the hallmark Palm experience with the Windows Mobile platform favored by many businesses, delivering a compelling smartphone solution that helps professionals do more on the go." |
Palm Treo 750v - Technology|
The new Treo 750v will allow Palm to target business users with push email platforms such as Microsoft's Messaging and Security Feature Pack (MSFP), which includes Direct Push Technology and enhanced security features free out of the box.(1) This business-ready solution addresses the need for a robust push-email platform that can be deployed easily by small businesses to global enterprises. The Treo 750v combines the hallmark Palm experience of a multifeatured mobile phone with email, messaging, web browsing and organization software all in a new compact design.(2) Unique to the Treo smartphone on Windows Mobile 5.0 is a suite of software enhancements developed by Palm that underscores its brand promise of fast access, ease of use and simplicity.
Palm Treo 750v Phone - Features
• Today Screen enhancements, which feature the ability to "dial by name" with a few keystrokes on the keyboard, perform a web search directly from the Today Screen and perform one-touch dialing.
• Ability to manage a call directly from the Today Screen and stay on top of voicemail with on-screen, VCR-like icons, such as rewind, delete and fast-forward controls, for easy navigation.
• Ability to ignore a call and quickly compose a text message, such as "In a meeting" or "Can't talk"
• Dedicated messaging application for SMS/MMS that is organized in a "chat thread" so users can reference prior messages and use emoticons for a personal touch.
Palm Treo 750v smartphone - Consumers
"This alliance underscores XL's commitment to becoming the preferred provider of information and communication solutions in the country," said Hasnul Suhaimi, president director, PT Excelcomindo Pratama Tbk. "The Treo 750v together with XL's new XL3G service will present new experiences in mobile productivity and communications to the Indonesian business community as well as retail consumers. The Treo 750v will be bundled with XL Business Solutions products that are designed specially for the local business community."
Palm Treo 750v mobile phone - 3G Network
"Mobility today means far more than voice calls or basic data services. Users want to access emails, documents, manage their calendars, search the Internet, enjoy music, videos, games and more with a single device," said Jason Lim, regional director, Asia Pacific and Japan, Mobile and Embedded Devices Division, Microsoft Corp. "The Treo 750v builds on the power and flexibility of Windows Mobile, Palm's unique design and user experience, and service through PT Excelcom's fast 3G network to deliver a winning solution for sophisticated professionals seeking to enhance their digital lifestyle."
Palm Treo 750v Smartphone - Specifications
• Powerful Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 with Palm enhancements;
• Integrated SMS/MMS with chat view and dedicated inbox;
• Mobile access to multiple business and personal email accounts;
• Compatibility with 3G/UMTS networks for fast data access;
• 1.3-megapixel digital camera that also captures video;
• Built-in Bluetooth wireless technology enhanced to support Bluetooth
• Touch screen, makes surfing websites, gathering data and navigating easier
• Mini-SD expansion slot; and
• 240x240 transflective (TFT) touch screen.
Palm Treo 750v mobile phone - Networks
XL, a subsidiary of Telekom Malaysia, is one of the leading telecommunication companies in Indonesia. XL started its commercial operations on 8 October 1996. Currently XL provides Consumer Solutions by providing dual band cellular networks through pre-paid cards jimat, jempol and bebas and postpaid Xplor and Business Solutions. Meanwhile, the Business Solutions unit of XL is a provider of leased line, broadband and IP (Internet Protocol)-based corporate solutions. In 2005, Telekom Malaysia became the controlling shareholders with 59.7% equity stake in XL.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Palm Inc., a leader in mobile computing, strives to put the power of computing in people’s hands so they can access and share their most important information. The company’s products for consumers, mobile professionals and businesses include Palm Treo smartphones, handheld computers, and Palm LifeDrive mobile managers, as well as software, services and accessories.