|Canon imagePRESS print solutions program|
Nic Rossmüller : November 1st 2006 - 09:00 CET
Canon imagePRESS print solutions program : Canon USA, Inc. announced the launch of a new program to help print service providers and marketing service organizations automate their workflows and expand their business offerings. The imagePRESS program for workflow solutions is a collection of Canon branded and third-party hardware and software solutions that focus on key workflows and production printing environments to maximize efficiencies, and help printers build and grow a profitable digital print business. The program seeks to Deliver hardware and software solutions that span the entire process from job creation through its final delivery, enabling production environments to build efficiencies and deliver value-added solutions.|
|Canon imagePRESS C7000VP and C1|
Canon will also help to Connect and seamlessly integrate imagePRESS devices into a customer’s existing workflow. Lastly, workflow solutions that leverage the imagePRESS technology platform will help to Simplify their processes and maximize profitability. Earlier this year, Canon put its stake in the ground in the color production market with the announcement of the imagePRESS C7000VP and the imagePRESS C1 digital presses. “Canon understands that the needs of the market go beyond just delivering a great digital press. With the combination of the imagePRESS technology and appropriate workflow solutions, Canon can help customers achieve a level of efficiency and success never before imagined,” said Tod Pike, senior vice president, Imaging Systems Group, Canon USA, Inc. “We expect this program to grow and evolve with the marketplace to take advantage of existing and new technologies and innovations to benefit our customers across the country.”
Graph Expo 2006 - Canon print solutions program
At Graph Expo 2006 in Chicago, Canon will exhibit a range of Canon and third party solutions showing complete end-to-end workflows in a simulated production print environment. Some of the exhibited workflows include showing how a printer can streamline their business and production through the integration of the imagePRESS C7000VP workflow with EFI’s LOGIC MIS system. Also Canon will have a number of variable data direct mail workflows on display during Graph Expo including solutions such as Bitstream’s Pageflex PersonaTM Cross Media Suite and Meadows Publishing Solutions DesignMerge. Here Canon will demonstrate the complete workflows for a personalized direct mail piece from job creation, database management, and cost estimation to printing, coating and cutting.
Canon imagePRESS workflow solution - Features
• imageWARE Prepress Manager - Digital scan and make ready application.
• EFI - Digital solutions for controllers, job submission, business and workflow management.
• Creating industry-leading software for design and page layout, and creative communications.
• X-Rite - Color Profiling to ensure color consistency from display to press.
• Variable data printing from within QuarkXPress and Adobe InDesign
• Cross media campaigns producing integrated variable data print and HTML e-mail components
• Objectif Lune - Introductory variable data solution
• Variable data printing, web to print and marketing automation solution
• Personalized URLs for variable data campaign management and return-on-investment tracking
• Cutting, creasing, folding and tabbing solutions
• Coating for imagePRESS output for direct mail campaigns
• Punching, binding and lamination finishing solutions.
Canon USA, Inc. delivers consumer, business-to-business, and industrial imaging solutions. The Company is listed as one of Fortune's Most Admired Companies in America and is rated #35 on the BusinessWeek list of "Top 100 Brands." Its parent company Canon Inc. is a top patent holder of technology, ranking second overall in the U.S. in 2005, with global revenues of $31.8 billion.