|Palm Treo 750v Smartphone |
Nic Rossmüller : October 15th 2006 - 15:00 CET
Palm Treo 750v Smartphone : Palm announced the Palm Treo 750v smartphone, the first Treo smartphone to take advantage of Vodafone's 3G/UMTS network. The Treo 750v brings the Palm experience on Microsoft's Windows Mobile 5.0 to Europe for the first time. The new Treo 750v will be available first to Vodafone customers in the following countries: Austria, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, the UK and other regions. "The new Treo 750v smartphone, made available first in Europe, on the Vodafone 3G/UMTS network is Palm's latest salvo to reach more customers in more regions with an ever-expanding line of compelling Treo smartphones," said Ed Colligan, president and chief executive officer from Palm.|
Palm Treo 750v - Internet|
"Expanding the Treo footprint globally is a key focus for Palm, and with collaborative marketing investments in Europe from Palm, Vodafone and Microsoft, we are confident we can captivate mobile professionals and businesses and help them be more productive in the office and on the go." The Treo 750v combines the hallmark Palm experience of a multi featured mobile phone with email, messaging, web browsing and organization software all in a new compact design. The new smartphone comes with Microsoft's Messaging and Security Feature Pack (MSFP) for Windows Mobile 5.0, which includes Direct Push Technology and enhanced security features free and out of the box. It is also fully compatible with Vodafone Business Email, giving remote access to enterprise and Internet-based email accounts. These business-ready solutions address the need for a robust push-email solution that can be deployed easily by small businesses to global enterprises.
Palm smartphone Treo 750v - Software enhancements
Unique to the Treo smartphone on Windows Mobile 5.0 is a suite of software enhancements developed by Palm that underscores its brand promise of fast access, ease of use and simplicity. Examples include the following:
• Today Screen enhancements, which feature the ability to "dial by name."
• Ability to manage a call directly from the Today Screen and stay on top of voicemail.
• Ability to ignore a call and quickly compose a text message.
• Dedicated messaging application for SMS/MMS that is organized in a "chat thread."
Palm 750v mobile phone - 3G Network
"The new Treo 750v smartphone, when combined with our high-speed 3G/UMTS network and push email, makes an invaluable tool for our business customers," said Oliver Mauss, global director of Business Marketing, Vodafone. "Our commitment to help customers increase their productivity and make the most of their business and personal time will be further enhanced by the addition of this new innovative device to our range of business solutions."
Palm Treo 750v Smartphone - Design
"We're excited to team up with Palm and Vodafone to launch a Windows Mobile-based Treo in Europe. We're seeing significant adoption of mobile applications among business users in the region, and the Treo is an attractive proposition for organizations considering mobile deployments," said Nick Barley, business and marketing officer, Microsoft U.K. Limited. "The Treo 750v builds on the power and flexibility of Windows Mobile, Palm's unique design and user experience, and service through one of the world's leading mobile operators to deliver a winning solution that connects professionals to their critical information while on the go."
Palm Windows Mobile Pocket PC - Benefits
The Windows Mobile-based Treo smartphones from Palm provide customers with a compelling combination of powerful software, an award-winning form factor, and the ease of use long associated with the Palm experience. Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Phone Edition provides many user benefits:
• Touch screen: Makes surfing websites, gathering data and navigating much easier;
• Copy and paste: Additional functionality provides added productivity;
• Built-in viewers and editors
• More than 18,000 commercial applications available for Windows Mobile.
• Saving: Ability to save images and sounds from a website.
Palm Treo 750v smartphones - Features
• Powerful Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 with Palm enhancements.
• Integrated SMS/MMS with chat view and dedicated inbox.
• Mobile access to multiple business and personal email accounts.
• 3G/UMTS network for fast data access.
• 1.3-megapixel digital camera that also captures video.
• Windows Media Player 10 Mobile for music and video.
• Built-in Bluetooth wireless technology enhanced to support Bluetooth stereo headsets
• Mini-SD expansion slot.
• 240x240 transflective (TFT) touch screen.
Palm Inc., a leader in mobile computing, strives to put the power of computing in people’s hands so they can access and share their most important information. The company’s products for consumers, mobile professionals and businesses include Palm Treo smartphones, handheld computers, and Palm LifeDrive mobile managers, as well as software, services and accessories.